Spring Break is upon us. For those of you with children, that means that you’ve either taken time off to leave town OR you’re staying in town and it is only a matter of hours before you hear “I’m Board”. So, to help you decide what you’re doing this week, here are a list of fun activities around town:
UTEP Offers a variety of ‘Community Enrichment Programs for Youth” over spring break. For information and pricing, click here.
You can see what is happening at El Paso Museums, El Paso Parks, El Paso Public Libraries and the El Paso Zoo by clicking here.
Spring break camps hosted by City Museums:
El Paso Museum of Archaeology:
- Archaeology Day Camp, ages 8-12, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
The El Paso Museum of Archaeology’s camp focuses on respecting and appreciating the prehistory of the El Paso-Juárez region, especially its people and diverse cultures. Hands-on activities include conducting a survey,
mock excavation, field trip to Hueco Tanks State Park and Atl-Atl throwing. $55 for members, $70 for nonmembers.
For more information, please contact the museum at 915-755-4332 or
El Paso Museum of Art:
The El Paso Museum of Art will be offering camps that will let participants explore different mediums and how each can be used to create a masterpiece. Supplies are included in the tuition for each class. For more information, please contact EPMAEDUCATION@elpasotexas.gov.
- Recycled Art, ages 6-8, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Transformative Art: Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse Objects To Create Art. Students will learn about recycled and/or environment-friendly materials – transforming “trash” into works of art. Learn how to make gift bags, paper flowers, plant cup holders, self-portraits, and more! Supplies included. $60 for Members, $75 for Non-Members.
Kaleidoscope Canvases, ages 9-12, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Discover how to create canvases using recycled materials. Create a work of art with kaleidoscope colors and patterns on your “new” canvas! Supplies included. $60 for Members, $75 for nonMembers.
- Tree of Life, ages 6-8, 1-3:30 p.m.
Use color and balance to create your own Gustav Klimt inspired “Tree of Life.” $60 for Members, $75 for NonMembers
Spring Break Activites hosted by El Paso Public Libraries:
- March 7 Learning to Draw with ELP Sketchers, 10 a.m. Free Westside Branch, 125 Belvidere
- March 7 Adult Coloring Class, 11 a.m. Free Esperanza Moreno Branch, 12480 Pebble Hills
- March 7 Spring Break Movie, 3 p.m. Free Richard Burges Branch, 3200 Copper Call 212-0317 for specific information.
- March 8 Learn to Play Chess, 5 p.m. Free Westside Branch, 125 Belvidere
- March 9 Spring Break Movie, 1 p.m. Free Main Library, 501 N. Oregon Call 543-5433 for movie title.
- March 9 Learn Some American Sign Language, 5 p.m. Free Judge Marquez Branch, 610 N. Yarbrough. Learn the alphabet and a song in American Sign Language
- March 9 Learn to Play Chess, 5 p.m. Free Westside Branch, 125 Belvidere
- March 10 Teens Learn to Creat Book Trainers, 4:30 p.m. Free Esperanza Moreno Branch, 12480 Pebble Hills. A book trailer is a video advertisement for a book which employs techniques similar to those of movie trailers to promote books and encourage readers.
- March 10 Board Game Day, 4:30 p.m. Free Judge Marquez Branch, 610 N. Yarbrough Teens play board games with friends and make new ones.
- March 10 Learn to Make Ice Cream, 4:30 p.m. Free Memorial Park Branch, 3200 Copper Teens and tweens will learn to make ice-cream using plastic zip-lock bags.
- March 11 Craft Time, 3 p.m. Free Richard Burges Branch, 3200 Copper Arts and crafts for the whole family.
- March 11 Learning with Legos, 4 p.m. Free Clardy Fox Branch, 5515 Robert Alva Play time with Legos for children.
- March 11 Learning with Legos, 4 p.m. Free Jose Cisneros Branch, 1300 Hawkins Play time with Legos for children.
- March 11 Learning with Legos, 4 p.m. Free Judge Marquez Branch, 610 N. Yarbrough Come build with legos! Please do not bring your own collections.
- March 11 Learning with Legos, 4 p.m. Free Main Branch, 501 N. Oregon Play time with Legos for children.