So, the unofficial results are in. 84,460 people voted for a total of 21.09% in voter turn out. That means that less than a quarter of you who were registered voted. Anyway, we are going to ignore the Presidential races because those received SO much coverage and, instead, are going to focus on the local races where we provided candidate information:
- State Rep District 75: Mary Gonzalez retained her seat beating Chete Quintanilla 579% to 42.09%
- State Rep District 77: Lina Ortega won with 69.18% to Adolfo Lopez’s 30.82%
- Constable, Precinct 1: Oscar Ugarte won with 75.04% to Marc Chavez’s 24.96%
- Constable, Precinct 4: Louie Agilar retained his position beating Francisco Almada 61.64% to 38.36%.
- County Tax Assessor Collector: Ruben Gonzalez (incumbent) at 44.82% and Sira Rocha at 38.56% will run against each other again.
- District Attorney: Jaime Esparza (incumbent) at 49.76% and Yvonne Rosales at 28.85% will run against each other again.
- A runoff election will be May 24. Early voting starts May 16.
Congratulations to all the winners and good luck to those who are still running. You can see full election results by clicking here.