KVIA is reporting that the El Paso and Socorro School Districts are discussing whether or not schools should be open on February 17th. Both school districts will be deciding tonight. As part of that decision, they will decide if students should make up the day on February 15th (President’s Day).
EPISD Meeting is 5:00 P.M. EDUCATION CENTER-BOEING 6531 BOEING DRIVE EL PASO, TEXAS. (You can read the agenda here).
SISD Meeting is 6:00 PM in the District Service Center Board Room, 12440 Rojas Drive, El Paso, Texas 79928. (You can read the agenda here).
- Ysleta and San Elizario school districts have not announced a decision.
- Canutillo ISD said as of Tuesday, school will be in session on Feb. 17.
- Cint ISD has a board meeting scheduled for Thursday, but no item listed on the agenda to discuss possible school calendar changes.
- Loretto Academy will be closed.
- All El Paso Catholic schools will be closed
- Las Cruces Public Schools, will remain open on Feb. 17.
- According to Connie Limon, principal for Las Cruces Catholic Schools “students who do not attend school on the day of the pope’s visit will be given an ‘excused day off.’
- As previously reported, UTEP will be closed on that day